TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program Helps Ensure Dental Readiness > TRICARE Newsroom > Articles
As of May 1, the Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP) is available in both the continental United States (CONUS) and outside the continental United States (OCONUS). United Concordia Companies, Inc. (United Concordia) administers ADDP benefits worldwide. This means that all eligible active duty service members (ADSM) can now contact United Concordia for all of their ADDP civilian dental needs.
“Oral health is important to military well-being,” said Doug Elsesser, program analyst with the Defense Health Agency’s TRICARE dental program. “The Active Duty Dental Program is a way for us to keep our service members healthy. This ensures they can do their job and be ready to deploy.
The ADDP is divided into two service areas. The CONUS service area includes:
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Porto Rico
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
The OCONUS service area includes all other countries, island masses and territorial waters.
Here is who ADDP covers both CONUS and OCONUS.
In CONUS locations, the ADDP is for ADSMs who are:
- Referred from a military dental clinic. A military dental clinic is also known as a military dental treatment facility (DTF). DTF-referred care is only available to service members within the CONUS service area.
- Located remotely. You must live and work 50 miles or more from a military dental clinic.
In OCONUS locations, the ADDP is for ADSMs who are:
- Located remotely. You must also be registered with TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. This means that if you are not in a remote OCONUS location, you are not eligible for ADDP. You should get all of your dental care at your assigned military dental clinic.
As described in the TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program Brochure, ADSMs should ensure they are eligible for ADDP before seeking civilian dental treatment. You must be eligible for ADDP at the time you receive your dental care. If you’re not sure if you are, check your eligibility. You can learn how on the ADDP website.
Are you an ADSM with questions about overseas dental treatment you received before May 1, 2022? You should contact the TRICARE Overseas Program Contractor for assistance. This is International SOS Government Services, Inc., also known as International SOS.
If you need to file dental claims, follow these instructions.
- If you received treatment before May 1, 2022submit your complaints to International SOS.
- If you received treatment on or after May 1, 2022submit your claims to United Concordia.
Remember that good oral health is part of your overall health. Visit the ADDP website to find out how to get the care you need to ensure your dental preparation. You will find information on ADDP benefits, finding dentists, dental emergencies, and more. If you need to speak to an ADDP customer service representative, you can contact United Concordia.
Would you like to receive the latest TRICARE news by email? Visit the TRICARE Subscriptions page today and create your personalized profile to get benefit updates, news and more.