How to add a link to your TikTok bio
- You can add a clickable link to your TikTok bio to help promote your website, a donation link, or anything else you want to feature.
- Users with a personal account may have the option to add a hyperlink in their bio, but switching to a business account is a safe method to access the feature.
- Visit Insider’s Technical Reference Library for more stories.
If you use social media to promote your business, TikTok is one of the apps you want to use given its popularity.
Whether you’re just starting out or already have subscribers, creating a business account on TikTok is easy. A company profile may be the only method that allows you to place a hyperlink in your profile page so that viewers can easily access your website.
The video sharing platform is compatible with iOS and Android, and the steps for creating a business account and adding a link in your bio are the same for each device.
How to link to your bio on TikTok
Some users may already have the option of adding a hyperlink to their bio on their profile page while using a personal account.
To see if you can do this, go to your profile page by selecting the profile icon in the lower right corner of the TikTok homepage. Then press Edit the profile. If you see the Website option, select it to add hyperlink of anything you want to promote.
If you don’t see the Website option, you need to switch from your personal account to a business account, which we detail below.
How to switch to a TikTok business account to add a link in your bio
1. Open TikTok.
2. Press on Profile at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Tap the three lines in the upper right corner.
4. This will take you to the Settings & Privacy page. Faucet Manage your account.
5. Faucet Switch to professional account.
6. You will be redirected to a page which details the offers of a professional account. Faucet Next, choose a category that suits your business on the next page, and then tap Next again.
7. Back on your profile page, tap Edit profile, and press the Website to add a hyperlink to your site.