Data for Decision-Making (D4D) Provincial Coordinator – Nepal
The NHSSP is a technical assistance program to the MOHP, funded by UKaid. The program is a technical component of the UK’s support to the MoHP under the Nepal Health Sector Program-3. It is designed to support the objectives of the Nepal Health Sector Strategy (2015/16-2020/21) and contribute to MoHP’s efforts to deliver quality health services leaving no one behind.
The program has been running since April 2017 and will continue until December 2022 to cover the overall priorities of strengthening the health system at the subnational level, whereby the provincial D4D coordinator will provide technical assistance to the GoN at the provincial level and oversee activities designated at the palika level. The program is implemented by a consortium led by Options Consultancy Limited, along with HERD International and Oxford Policy Management.
The Provincial Data for Decision-Making (D4D) Coordinator will provide technical assistance (TA) in the D4D thematic area to sub-national governments. The objective of this position is to provide effective technical inputs to the provincial ministry responsible for the management of the health sector, such as the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD)/Provincial Ministry of Health and Population (PMoHP) and the Provincial Health Directorate (PHD) to enable them to achieve the objectives of PNHA 3.
Particular emphasis is placed on ensuring that high-quality data is generated and used by empowered duty-bearers at the subnational level for decision-making. Under the guidance of the D4D Thematic Team Leader for technical matters and the Sub-National Program Coordinator for supervisory and administrative matters, the Provincial D4D Coordinator will develop the framework to provide technical support in this thematic area at the levels sub-nationals and oversee its technical delivery to ensure thematic priorities are met. The main objective of the D4D thematic area is to ensure that evidence-based planning and decision-making is practiced and sustainably integrated into government processes.
The Provincial D4D Coordinator will be responsible for;
- The Provincial D4D Coordinator has overall responsibility for providing strategic technical direction to this thematic area in the focal province and ensuring integration with the other thematic areas at the provincial level, and that evidence of implementation is reflected in policy, planning, budgeting and programs.
- S/he will provide strong technical leadership at the provincial level to support capacity building of MoSD/PMoHP/PHD and relevant sub-national government agencies as required to enhance the generation of high quality evidence and its use in the decision making.
- The position will assume strategic technical leadership responsibilities, specific technical delivery, and have cross-team and management responsibilities.
- An advanced degree in public health, demography, social statistics, social sciences, development studies or a basic degree in one of these subjects with several years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 7 years) in program monitoring and evaluation in the health sector, proactively engaged in collecting evidence and supporting evidence-based planning and decision-making, and in strengthening the government health system, preferably in Nepal.
- Experience producing, presenting and communicating evidence for various audiences (government, donors, international organizations, etc.), on different platforms (print, web, mobile, broadcast, etc.) and through various methods (reports , published articles, briefings, graphic and visual products, knowledge management events, etc.)
- Good experience on effective communication of evidence to better inform MNH and FP/SRH planning, decision-making, advocacy and accountability within government.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Thorough understanding of Government of Nepal operations, FMoHP, MoSD/PMoHP/PHD, and familiarity with all spheres of government.
- Knowledge of and experience working closely with supporting/implementing health programs with measurable results (preferably large-scale technical assistance programs
- Good technical skills, including the ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, budgeting and program control.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; strong leadership skills; autonomous, able to work independently or in a team; critical thinking and problem-solving ability; ability to make and articulate clear decisions; strong internal and external communication and facilitation skills; ability to collaborate and work in a team and excellent negotiation skills.
- Opportunity to travel to Nepal.
Under NHSSP terms and conditions.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to ensuring equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not tolerate discrimination based on age, disability, gender, orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief. , gender identity, marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organization is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and job holders to share this commitment.
- We are looking for people who are pro-choice, who promote diversity and inclusion, who are energetic and enthusiastic about the vision of Options.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Nepal.
How to register
- To apply, please fill out the form here.
- Deadline for submitting applications: July 5, 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to a full background check prior to hiring, including a criminal record check, identity check, employment references and a right to work check (if applicable).