Community Mobilization and School Management Specialist – Senegal
Community Mobilization and School Management Committee Specialist
To note: 3
Post Type: 2 years
Child protection :
Level 3 – job responsibilities may require the job holder to have regular contact or access to children or young people.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Community and School Management Committee Mobilization Specialist will provide technical direction to the USAID RELIT project proposal, ensuring that project results related to improved community participation and support to the results of the education, particularly with regard to reading, are achieved. He/she will be responsible for the overall technical quality of the program, ensure the use of best practices in community outreach and social mobilization, supervise field staff to ensure effective implementation, and lead and contribute to the development of work plans and project performance. reports.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reporting to: Kindergarten Advisor – SCI Project Manager
Directly attached to this position: None
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Serve as the technical lead for all community outreach and mobilization activities.
- Conduct social mobilization campaigns that will inform parents and communities about the importance and value of reading and household support for students who read.
- Assist the project in all baseline studies of selected communities and continue to monitor social changes and new social information relevant to community empowerment;
- Identify potential leaders and/or organizers;
- Motivate and encourage potential leaders to speak to fellow community members about contributing to reading promotion and self-reliance;
- Initiate actions aimed at breaking passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them;
- Engage disadvantaged populations, including out-of-school youth and children with disabilities, in reading practice outside of school.
- Work with students, teachers, school administrators, and parents to improve school- and community-level policies and tools to prevent, address, and monitor gender-based violence (GBV) and bullying associated.
- Developing an advocacy network, community action plan and piloting Doorways manuals in Senegal
- Lead the development of project work plans, ensuring that objectives are achieved and project results are achieved.
- Collaborate with other ongoing projects in Senegal to ensure effective coordination of project activities.
- Raise awareness that community members themselves can lift every community out of illiteracy and show them how they can do it themselves;
- Help community members identify needs and generate solutions, identify priority issues and analyze their issues;
- Encourage and stimulate community members to organize themselves for actions aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and monitor the actions that they define themselves;
- Provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge to engage, organize and motivate community members;
- Develop trust, tolerance and cooperation among community members;
- Help the community obtain available external resources, being transparent in its use and warning of the negative effects of over-reliance on external resources;
- Encourage and stimulate the full participation of all members of the community; with particular attention to those who are generally forgotten, marginalized and neglected in community decision-making;
- Assist the community in obtaining information and knowledge that may be available through governmental and non-governmental agencies, through outreach and awareness programs;
- Help community members develop their own capacities and strengths to the point where they no longer need the services of you, the mobilizer.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (Our values in practice)
Achieve results – Innovate and adapt – Apply technical and professional expertise – Work effectively with others – Network
Adhere to SCI values: Responsibility; Ambition; Collaboration; Creativity; Integrity
- Holds herself accountable for making decisions, effectively managing resources, achieving and exemplifying Save the Children’s values
- Holds the team and partners accountable for fulfilling their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and enforcing appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Set challenging and challenging goals for themselves and their team, take responsibility for their own personal development and encourage their team to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision of Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-oriented, thinks strategically and globally.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, political science, social studies or any other relevant training.
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in community education activities in Senegal;
- USAID-funded program experience is preferred;
- Previous experience working in a combination of the areas of special education, inclusive education, community mobilization, primary education, or literacy programs;
- Experience managing a diverse team with strong interpersonal skills is required;
- Proven experience working collaboratively with partners and building capacity of government agencies and local NGOs; and
- A good command of oral English and strong analytical and written communication skills are required.
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities described above are not exhaustive and the incumbent may be required to perform additional duties within the reasonable extent of his level of skills and experience.
The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s Equal Opportunity and Diversity policies and procedures
Child protection :
We must keep children safe so that our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to educating children against abuse.
Health and security
The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s health and safety policies and procedures.
We employ around 25,000 people around the world and work on the ground in more than 100 countries to help children affected by crises or those in need of better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest level to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in the way the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies of preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our employees and provide a meaningful and rewarding career, as well as a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date resume in one document.
We must keep children safe so that our selection process reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Save the Children has zero tolerance for child abuse
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any such request must be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to register
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yMzA3MC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20